BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Yaaayyyy!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, August 21, 2008

A short summary of the past few months!!! :-)

So, apparently it's been a busy four and a half months, since that is when my last post actually was...but no worries, I check on all your fabulous blogs all the time for updates!!! So, this summer has been filled with tons of events both large and small, I had three cousins, my best friend, and 3 other friends get married all withing about a month and a half of each other, unfortunately I couldn't quite make it to all of them although I would have loved to!
Madison, the little one who keeps me goin' these days turned four years old last week, I can't believe it! I had to miss her birthday party this year which tore me apart, it's the first big event of hers I've had to miss since she was born, so the other day I went over to catch up with my bestest Cassandra and her, and Brandon met up with us later that evening. Before he got there, Madison and I were playing and I asked her how old she is now, her response was this "Auntie, I not old, I getting bigger and stronger, but I not old!" Now imagine a four year old rolling their eyes at you with her hands on her hips and the attitude of a teenager saying just that to you, it was the cutest freakin' thing in the world and I love her to pieces!
The last weekend of July my Cuz Shannon and her fiance and my Auntie came down to take care of some wedding preparations and stayed with us, which was also our town celebration, Our Days! After the parade and Wedding prep on that Saturday, we surprised my cousin and her fiance with a family bridal shower/BBQ, they had no idea and it went magnificently!! The following day I hosted My best friend cassandra's Bridal shower which went great, considering I was more than overly exhausted from the previous few days, but I wouldn't have traded it for the world! Cassandra's shower was a huge success and a joyous gathering of great friends and family! And she was glowing the whole day, which was even that much greater! The following week was a haze of preparing for Cassandra's big day! The wedding was spectacular, the bride was gorgeous, the groom was handsome, and everything went prefect! It was a simple gathering of the closest family and went as smooth as could be! After another huge week of preparations, we celebrated Cassandra and James' union in holy matrimony with a huge reception at Cassandra's parents house! It was a long day of water play, dancing, food, BBQing, family, friends, toasts, cake, and happy people! The next weekend was Madisons birthday part, that I had to miss so that I could be present at my cousins wedding in Arlington, WA! She was absolutely stunning, my grandma made her dress, it was the 9th wedding dress she has sewn including her own! With the exception of over 100 degree weather, the day went fabulous!!! It was a huge success and greatest back yard wedding ever!! She is now Shannon Paige Knop!!!! All mixed in among that I have been job hunting since the beginning of July with no luck as of yet, 2 other of my cousins weddings took place that I unfortunately missed, one because I was told the wrong time by somebody and only made it to the reception which tore me apart, and the other we missed due to the grass fire and freeway closures this past week in La Center.
As for myself, outside of what I have physically been doing, lol, I am doing quite well! Looking forward to hopefully finding a job and starting to get myself situated on my own! I'm still living with my parents in La Center, we are building are house and it has finally begun! So far, we have a completed foundation and the conduet for the electricity and telephone have been run to the buildings, the framing should be started in the next couple days and so far things are going quite smoothly! The family is doing well and keeping busy and always!!
This is extremely long, so I think I will dismiss for now, I will try to post some pictures in another blog so I don't mess this one up, cuz I haven't posted pictures before...and I'm not quite sure how yet :-) I hope you enjoyed the update and I will try to keep this up a little better now that things are slowing down a bit!! Have a great day all!!!!
~Loves~
~Me~

1 comments:

MandarineMama said...

I miss you Vicky!!! Sounds like you have been so busy and it is obvious in your myspace pics! Haha! Would you possibly be up for hanging out sometime? Miss you!!!
manda