BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Yaaayyyy!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My hospital weekend...

Hi guys,
So I am really awful at this...I know, it has been a crazy few months. Anyways, I just celebrated my 22nd birthday and had a blast, some friends came over and we played board games and it was so much fun! We even built Mr. Potato Heads!
So then, the next morning, I woke up not feeling all that great, something just wasn't quite right. I managed to handle it through most of the day, but then my side started hurting and I started running a fever, I called the advice nurse and because I wasn't able to stand up straight or walk upright they wanted me to go to the emergency room. So, between having a lady who was extremely awful and gave me a cathedar(spelling??) that was way too big, and the IV guy who had no idea what he was doing, I managed to survive. The Dr. came in to examine me and decided it was appendicitis and that I didn't need any further testing but rather he was just going to call the surgeon down right away. So my surgeon came down and we decided to let everybody get a night of sleep and proceed with the surgery at 8:00 Saturday morning. The night was full of answering questions, not getting any sleep, nurses constantly checking my vitals, and a roommate who was in excruciating pain. I made it through the night and was woken up by having to get a shot in the stomach which I thuroughly despised...and then they started with my pre-op. The surgery took less than an hour and made it through great! I was walking myself to the bathroom before they even took me back to my hospital room. I was able to come home Sunday morning and visit with my family.
I picked a very bad weekend to have this happen, I had relatives in town from everywhere for a big family birthday thing and I had to miss it because of my stupid appendix, I was not very happy about it. Some of them did come and visit me in the hospital though which I am very greatful for.
I am just at home now taking it easy. I am suppose to do everything I feel like I can do, just no lifting too much. I've been sleeping on the recliner in the living room because if I lay flat in my bed I will get stuck and can't get up which really sucks because I want to sleep in my own bed so bad! I have my follow-up appointment on monday and hopefully she will clear me for driving and what not.
Anyway, I am getting a little drowsy again so I will fill you all in later. Have a great day!
Vicky

0 comments: